This statement has been prepared to help those with disabilities to decide whether we will be accessible to them.
We realize it is not only disabled people who benefit from inclusive access to buildings. Others who directly or indirectly benefit include the elderly, families with children under the age of five, carers and the friends and relatives who accompany people with disabilities.
- The premises has ground and first floors rooms. We have three bedrooms on the ground floor.
- There is no lift in the building.
- The car park is to the rear of the building, however, there is street parking available at the front of the building with a sloped path to the front door, there are two steps to access the building.
- The dining room is on the lower ground floor.
- Assistance with luggage is available.
- Fire exits are clearly identified.
- Car park and all outside areas are well lit.
- Directions to Acorn Lodge are available on our web site or can be sent on request.
- Wheelchair hire is available locally at “Shop mobility”, Lymington Road, Torquay. (Next to the Library) 01803-380982. Booking is advisable.
- Public Transport.
- Torbay Ring & Ride 01803 201000.
- Buses – Stagecoach 01803 664500.
- Trains: Wales & West Disabled Journeys Helpline 0845 3003005. Torquay Station is suitable for disabled passenger but Torre Station is NOT suitable as it has difficult low platform access.
Please do not hesitate to discuss any special requirements not covered in this notice, If our facilities are not suitable then we will be happy to recommend other establishments more suited your needs.